CODE OF CONDUCT
- PURPOSE: The WordPress Nigerian Community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, religion, preferred operating system, programming language, or text editor. This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behavior as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior. We invite all sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees, and other participants in our community events to help us realize a safe and positive community experience for everyone.
- OPEN SOURCE CITIZENSHIP: A supplemental goal of this code of conduct is to increase open source citizenship by encouraging participants to recognise and strengthen the relationships between what we do and the community at large. In service of this goal, the community organisers will be taking nominations for exemplary citizens throughout the year and will recognise select participants as the opportunity arises. If you see someone who is making an extra effort to ensure our community is welcoming, friendly, and encourages all participants to contribute to the fullest extent, we want to know.
- EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants – alert event organisers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you help to create this community and make it your own.
- UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR: Unacceptable behaviors include: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning conduct by any participants in the WordPress Nigeria Community. All community event venues may be shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations. Harassment includes: offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- CONSEQUENCES OF UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR: Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated whether by other attendees, organizers, event venue staff, sponsors, or other patrons of the venues where our community events are held. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the community organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the event in question without warning or refund (if applicable).
- WHAT TO DO IF YOU WITNESS OR ARE SUBJECT TO UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR: If you are subject to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subject to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a community organizer as soon as possible. The community team will be available to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, to provide escorts, or to otherwise assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of any of our community events.
- SCOPE: We expect all event participants (sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees, and other guests) to abide by this code of conduct at all event venues and event-related social events.
- CONTACT INFORMATION: You can contact the community organisers at any time on email@example.com
- LICENSE AND ATTRIBUTION: This Code of Conduct is a direct swipe from the awesome work of Open Source Bridge, but with our community information substituted. The original is available at http://opensourcebridge.org/about/code-of-conduct/ and is released under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.
If you want to get the most out of WordPress, we highly recommend you get involved, learn from others and perhaps lend a hand as well. Visit Making WordPress to learn how.
If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch with one of the organizers or a current member. We would be happy to help you. We look forward to seeing you and thanks again for becoming a part of the Nigerian WordPress Community.