We appreciate you offering to share your WordPress knowledge with the Nigerian WordPress community. Here are some things to keep in mind about our speaking policy:
Agreement among Organizers, Speakers, Sponsors, and Volunteers
- I agree that Meetups and WordCamps are meant to benefit the local WordPress community through live events and the broader WordPress community through the sharing of online video and other materials.
- I agree that Meetup/WordCamp is a casual, locally and volunteer-organized event, focused on WordPress and reflecting the local WordPress community it represents.
- I understand that Meetup/WordCamp organizers, speakers, sponsors, and volunteers are expected to support the WordPress project and its principles.
- I understand that the principles of the WordPress project include:
- no discrimination on the basis of economic or social status, race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, or disability
- no incitement to violence or promotion of hate
- no spammers
- no jerks
- respect the WordPress trademark
- embrace the WordPress license; If distributing WordPress-derivative works (themes, plugins, WP distros), any person or business officially associated with Meetup/WordCamp should give their users the same freedoms that WordPress itself provides: 100% GPL or compatible, the same guidelines we follow on WordPress.org.
- don’t promote companies or people that violate the trademark or distribute WordPress derivative works which aren’t 100% GPL compatible
- I agree that Meetups/WordCamps are not-for-profit events, organized with budget and funding transparency.
- I agree that Meetups/WordCamps should be accessible to as many people as possible, regardless of financial status.
- I agree that I am not an employee of the WordPress Foundation or any subsidiary of the Foundation, and am participating in Meetups/WordCamp exclusively as a volunteer.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU WITNESS OR ARE SUBJECT TO UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR.
If you are subject to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subject to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a conference organizer as soon as possible.